Thursday, July 05, 2007

My first Fourth of July ~ From Jade

Yesterday Mommy woke up all chipper and excited. She kept telling me that "it's the fourth of July! Hurray!". I couldn't understand why she was so excited, but I went along with it all for awhile.

Later in the morning after mom went outside to read and get some sun, we all left (Daddy, mommy and me) to go run errands. I thought it was going to be lots of fun, but then Daddy took us to places like "Home Depot" and "Lowes" to buy things for the house and garage. I thought that was really boring and tried to sleep through most of it.

When we got home mom set me down and started making all sorts of yummy little treats. She cut up some watermelon and made a flag shapped cheese dip for crackers and finished making her yummy jello flag cake with chunks of pound cake in the bottom. It all looked really yummy so Mom decided to take a picture of it. She can be so werid sometimes.
While Mommy was inside cooking, Daddy was outside working like a big tough man. He had to set up his new shelves and start organzing our super messy garage.
After my nap and daddy organizing the garage, we left again for more errands were we decided to buy a couch set. We did some other things, but I was grateful when we got home again and I could roll around on the rug and play and "talk". When dinner was all finished and my parents had relaxed we got back in the car to go see fireworks. Mommy said it would be lots of fun, but I wasn't to sure about the whole fireworks thing.
We caught up with some friends and the picture below is me starring at them as they all try to make me smile and laugh. Sometimes I get such a kick out of just watching them make the effort.
Here is Daddy and I at the park where we were going to watch the fireworks. There were so many people there and all sorts of games and activites for kids who are able to walk. I can't wait til I am able to walk, then I'll make Daddy and mommy stand in line for all of the fun kiddie games for me to do.
Before to long night fell and everyone started screaming with excitment. I watched as the whole dark sky was illuminated by great big splashes of color and couldn't believe how loud the fireworks were. It was cool though, I liked watching all the pretty colors and lights. But then they kept coming and I was tired. I tired to sleep on mommy, but just as I got comfortable those silly fireworks would start going again and they would wake me up. So, I just decided to stay awake until the show was over. Then, as soon as it was finished and mommy put me in my stroller, I fell asleep. That is the last thing I remember.

1 comment:

Amy K said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! That's great that Jade wasn't afraid of the fireworks. We've been pretty lucky about that too.

Have fun with the new house! Have you been painting? The red in teh dining room looks beautiful. :)