Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Portland Zoo Trip

Yesterday my friend and her kiddos invited Jade and I on a trip to the Portland Zoo with them. We drove up to Portland and then took the "MAX" train to the zoo. Here are our silly kiddos waiting at the train stop.
The kids loved the zoo, Kyri and Jade are pretending to be baby eagles in this massive nest.
We weren't sure if they would see any sea life at this zoo, but all the kids were thrilled to get to look at fish under water.
I've seen polar bears laying around acting pampered, but I've never seen a polar bear swimming around showing off. You can't really see it, but if you look close you can see the polar bear's rump in this shot. This bear was swimming on his back, playing with his ball and being an all around show off for all the zoo goers. It was pretty exciting.
We couldn't leave the zoo without stopping by and seeing the elephants. It was a request for Kyris and Jade's from the very first. We got to see a lot of elephants, plus a baby elephant.

I think it was a worth while trip. A memory maker for sure. Thanks friends for inviting us!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I love how Jade has her sunglasses on the WHOLE time!!!
Li