Thursday, December 31, 2009

Must do one more post before the New Year!

One more day and it's 2010!!! Whoohoo!! We are having a little party at our house tonight to ring in the New Year and I'm very excited about it! Nothing more exciting then getting to start a new year, fresh start, new season of life, etc, etc, and all that. LOL! Plus, now I'm starting my third trimester and before I know it...I'll be popping out a baby! I can't wait!

In baby/pregnancy news you know you've started your third trimester when you find yourself visiting the ladies room multiply times in a 20min period. Not to mention the waddle starts. Why? why dear Lord must I look like I'm waddling? I guess it's not to bad, but after a long day and being extra tired I find myself waddling around the house and I just want to start quacking.

Jade has loved playing with all her new Christmas toys. I think the best gifts were the three little board games we got her "Candy land, Chutes and Ladders and Hi Ho, Cherry Oh". She pulls the games out first thing in the morning and we find her still playing with them when it's time for bed. Thankfully she believes in cleaning up after herself before bedtime, so the games get neatly put away and stacked on the shelf till morning.
Of course, she has also adored the Princess clothes from Grandma M and loves helping me cook using her very own cooking set from Grandma B. not to mention "My Clifford" that she got from Aunt Autumn. I think there is a part of her that thinks ALL her gifts were from Aunt Autumn since the first two gifts she opened where from Aunt Autumn and when she opened those two she said "that's enough gifts". hee, hee

Jonathan has taken some extra time off work the past two weeks and it's been SO nice having him around. He has spent a good amount of his "home" time working from home, but still...home is home.

Today he took us out to Taco Bell for lunch and then we did some odds and end shopping at Target. I love that kind of shopping. Nothing you "have" to get but a few things you could "use" and just taking your time, no rush, no worries. Feels like vacation. One more day of vacation and then it's back to work we go.

Not that I mind. I like work and routine for the most part.

So, goals for 2010 pretty much center around being a good Mom. I had high aspirations to spend quality time working one on one with Jade last year, and aside from achieving the goal of going on lots of bike rides and spending a good amount of time at "park days" there wasn't a lot of that "one on one" I had hoped for. So I am renewing that goal and actually setting up a plan so I'll be able to stick to it.
Once baby Cutter arrives I know life will be a bit crazy for awhile so if I can get my routine in place before April...then it will be easier to fall back into the routine.

So that's my goal, more time spent with Jade, finding fun extra-curricular activities to do with her and soon babykins and just working on being a good wife, mother, daughter and friend. That's all:)

2 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Happy New Year, indeed! I saw this on one of my inspiration blogs and thought of you, esp with how close all your family is to each other. Thought I'd share!

http://www.merrimentdesign.com/family-coloring-book-from-photos.php

I'm sure you would come up with WAY cute versions of this w/all your peeps!

Nic Ridley said...

Happy New Year - can't wait to meet little Cutter this year!