Monday, July 19, 2010

Being domestic

The one good thing that comes of having sick kids, is I'm forced to stay home all day. This is both a positive and a negitive, as I'm going stir crazy like no other. The positive though is I've gotten a TON of stuff done. I've scrubbed the house (literally) from top to bottom. Done many loads of laundry, cooked a delicious meal for a friend who just had a baby, spent time reading and playing with both my kids, and started "to do" lists for later this week.

I feel like I should be wearing a poodle skirt and pearls while I continue to dust and vacuum my house. I also have this huge urge to bake pies and cookies all day. I'm not, just cause I'd feel bad to make all the yummy goodness and then tell Jade she can't eat any of it till she is better.

I do wish I had some fabric to work on some projects though. I may leave Jonathan home tonight with the kids and run to JoAnn's so I have something to keep me busy later on this week.

Poor Jade sounds like a dying old seal, that and a chain smoker. hee, hee. Her throat is so thick and raspy that when she talks it's hard to hear her.

She finally seems to be getting some sort of an appetite back though, so that's a plus. Trying to get her to drink fluids isn't going to well. Yesterday I crushed up ice in the blender and poured orange juice over it to get her to drink something. Today I made popsicles. :-)

Any hoo...the kids are napping and I'm waiting for the dryer to finish so I can do yet another load of laundry. While I wait, I think I'll read a book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're too funny! i like your positive spin on being cooped up. hope jade feels better soon!!

and i agree, there should definitely be a rule about NOT getting sick in the summer - not cool!!