Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sick kids and another day spent at home

My little baby Cutter woke up with a fever on Wednesday morning. His sad little face was so hot and flushed I spent the entire day holding him, rocking him and trying to get him to eat and sleep and stay cool.
I had just signed Jade up for swim lessons that started on Monday, she LOVED the swim lessons on Monday and Tuesday but sadly had to miss Wednesdays' appointment due to her brothers fever. I hoped all would be better the next day. After a long, exhausting night Cutters fever broke and he woke up Thursday morning a bundle of smiles.
Sadly, while he was all smiles Jade was sporting her own little fever. So we canceled swim lessons and hoped for another 24hr recovery. To my relief Jade's fever broke by Thursday afternoon. I let out an exhausted sigh and looked forward to a nice weekend.

Before I continue let me add quickly that my week started with my car in the shop to get the A/C working, while babysitting for a dear friend, Jonathan's Audi was accidentally backed into, a rat was discovered living in our garage and the "fixing" of my cars A/C resulted in other "must be repaired charges totaling $1000.

So Friday morning Jade seemed fine and Cutter seemed fine. I hoped to take the kids to the zoo, but it just so happened to be closed on Friday. So I took the kids to Chuck E Cheese instead. Friday night I was delighted when Jonathan took us out to dinner, and even more delighted when Jonathan told me our rat trap worked and we were rid of our pesky pest. Jade seemed "off" but I hoped she was just tired.

However, Saturday morning Jade woke up with a horse voice and a slight cough, only to later be followed by yet another fever.
Jonathan I spent the morning (mostly Jonathan) cleaning and rearranging the garage. I had seen another rat disappear behind some shelves and freaked out. We were able to clean and rearrange the whole garage and put out food poisen in hopes of killing any additional rats that may try to take up residence in our garage.
Jade's sickness has turned into heavy, raspy breathing, a barking like cough and what seems to be a stuffy nose that doesn't really require tissues.

Cutter, thankfully is fine and dandy, I am fine and dandy. But I'm home again, missing church and wishing for good health in my family. It's summer after all. Isn't there a summer rule that says "no one shall have colds or illnesses in the summer time, due to the need to never miss a day enjoying the sunshine" ? Right? I'm sure I read that rule some where. Oh wait. I just made it up. But I'm sure we can all agree there SHOULD be a rule that reads something to that effect.

Needless to say with the car repairs, JB's car getting hit, the rat and the sick kids, not to mention swim day lessons being missed...I'm feeling like I need some extra prayer and extra lovin'. So please, pass on the prayers and pour on the lovin'!

In other news I'm reading my second "book club" book. I think I'm on page four. hahaha! It's called "Rooms: A Novel" my book club is planning on reading only novels during the summer months "to keep things light and fun" and we are also going to try to stick to Christian authors.

Cutter is in his bouncer yelling at me for neglecting him while I type this weeping saga of my past four days and Jade is zoned out on the couch watching "Clubhouse Disney". The online recommended remedies for croup was to keep your child "calm", let me tell you, nothing makes Jade more calm then putting on the television. Gosh, I'm SUCH a good nurse.

No comments: