Friday, January 26, 2007

Amazed

I can't believe that baby Jade is already five days old today. I find myself in awe over this tiny little baby God has given to our family. She is so calm and sweet and precious. Cries only when she is hungry or needs a diaper change. *sigh* We are very blessed!
Grandpa Mangione came out to see his newest grand-daughter yesterday, complete with a jade cross pendant for her very first piece of jewlry. He was so happy to see her he ran up our stairs when he entered the house to give her a hug and a kiss. Grandma Mangione has been with us since 3am Monday morning and has done everything from laundry to cooking, to holding baby during middle of the night wake ups...she's cleaned our house, read us stories and overall been my hero while I learn how to be a new mom.

Jonathan is the best father in all the world, spending every moment he can holding and caring for Jade. When she wakes up he calmly tells her "its okay Jade, you don't have to cry daddy's got you".

I'm, of course, as happy as a brand new mommy can be. What do you think...does Jade look more like Mommy or Daddy;)
Thank you everyone for all your prayers and support! We are very grateful for all the cards, presents and even meals that have been sent our way! Thank you!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so dark...are you sure she is Jonathan's daughter? hee hee. Her tiny mouth just makes me melt. I want to see a picture of the little jade pendant that Dad bought her. So sweet! -Vanessa

Kristen said...

Yeah, I want to see a pic, too! You guys are adorable, and I'm so glad your dad got to come see you all!

the Joneses said...

Congratulations on a perfectly beautiful baby.

-- SJ

Janice Phillips said...

She is gorgeous...and beautiful combo of you and JB. What a blessing to have your parents there, too!

Amy K said...

You look great Missi! I'm glad your mom could come to help out. Also, enjoy this newborn sleepy-phase. Spend lots of time cuddling, which I'm sure you are. :) It's amazing how quickly babies go from sleepy cuddly to fighting sleep and being active!