Friday, September 28, 2007

Jello Jigglers

Today I was going to have a visit from a couple of little girls from church and their mother. I wasn't too sure about the visit, I wasn't sure what to do to entertain two young girls without leaving their mother out, or visa versa. I wondered, "Can we just talk?"

In preparation for the visit I made a pot of coffee, set out tea things (unsure of their drink of choice) and made a batch of Jello. (just because I had some on hand)

A few minutes before my guests arrived, I decided to cut out the Jello in fun cookie cutter shapes, I then displayed them in a fun manner on a platter.

The friends arrived and I offered them, coffee, juice, water, milk and tea. "No, thank you" they all said. "Drat," I thought "they aren't thirsty, now what?"

We engaged in some small talk and I fed Jade some applesauce (that in and of itself is amusing) and then casually went and grabbed my platter of Jello jigglers and some plates.
That was it, it broke the ice;) lol! Even the Mother couldn't help but have one...or two;) There is something so American, so friendly, and so wonderfully childish about Jello Jigglers, don't you think? Well...that is, if you like Jello. I, personally, LOVE it!

Our afternoon was a very pleasant one, and by the time our visit was over all of the Jello was gone and everyone left with red stained lips and tongues. hee, hee, so cute.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love jello! But not with fruit...I don't want anything healthy in my jello!

GJ and Vicka said...

Emma do not like jello and any other shaky food< she is affraid of it. I personally do not care. Russians do not eat much jello, but we like marmelade:)
Vicka