Sunday, September 23, 2007

What's new with Jade...and me

First of all, Jade now has five teeth. FIVE! She had her 8 month birthday on Saturday, she is getting to be so big, crawling and standing up on her own (while holding on to something, of course)

We bought her very first potty chair this weekend, I sit her on it and she looks at me and smiles. I smile back and make funny hand motions at her (trying to do sign language for going potty) and funny sounds so she knows what she is suppose to do. haha! She thinks I'm very funny.

Since she was very tiny she has hated her baths, this week something changed and bath times are now fun. My favorite is when she tries to "catch" the water in between her fingers, that keeps her very busy for quite some time.

On Friday we put mousse in Jade's hair and blew it dry. You should have seen it, she had so much body! lol. After she kept tilting her head to the side and looking in the mirror to see how pretty she was. Hee, hee. Having a daughter is lots of fun!

In non-Jade news, I got some adorable little ballet flats at Target for only $3! woohoo!

I also visited the world's largest bead store with a friend today. It was HUGE! I was so overwhelmed and amazed all at the same time. It was called "Shipwrecked beads". I hope to go there again with an actual idea of what I need/want and maybe I'll make myself some cool jewelry.

We also visited the YMCA this weekend to find out about baby swimming lessons. Wouldn't that be so cute to teach Jade how to swim? Little Jade in a little swim suit, kicking her tiny, chubby legs in a pool. SO CUTE! I think this is something she really "needs" to do. hee, hee. My husband is not apposed. Anyone have any opinions on baby swim lessons?

Also, what's better, a mocha or latte? I'm a mocha girl for sure...anyone else?

7 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

Yes on the swim lessons! That would be so much fun for both of you. Oh, and I like mochas. =)

Rachelle said...

Doesn't Jade hate the water? If she doesn't like water, save your money. My mom spent baby swim lessons in the pool with my barely walking brother on the side of the pool. Any attempts to get him in the water resulted in LOTS of crying. However, if you really want to get in the water, I have a baby you can borrow who thinks she is a fish. Her mother is disinterested in being seen in a bathing suit at this time. -rlr

Missi said...

lol! Aw, I'd love to borrow Kyri if Jade ends up hating the water, lol! She actually just decided, this week...she likes baths. So that is why I was thinking it's a good time to start her in the water!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm not sure I've ever posted here but I love to read your posts! (Found you through Annie W.)
I took my oldest two boys to swimming lessons when they were about 3 & 1. It was great fun, but two things: one, remember that babies really are not waterproof no matter how well they seem to do at lessons. Knowing "how to swim" might help her if she ever fell into a pool, but it's not failsafe, and who knows? All the lessons might make her so comfortable around water that you have to be doubly alert that she doesn't just jump in somewhere.
And the second thing is that after a few weeks, we started having trouble with ear infections. May or may not have been the swimming, but it but a damper on lessons.
That's my 2 cents!
If you do it, I hope you have a great time!

Michelle said...

I think Swimming lessons are wonderful because it teaches a child to swim if they fall into a pool. I actually saw a video about that. Lessons could save childrens lives. I'm all for it!!!

Anonymous said...

Jade is so adorable missi. How is it that I have such cute nieces and nephews?!!?!??! But then again I guess its obvious. :) *wink* love ya

Anonymous said...

definately a mocha!-Li