Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It looks like rain

It looks like rain out. I think that is a good thing. I think the earth could use a good soaking. Who'd have thought I'd ever hear myself say that. After all, one of my favorite things about living in Washington is the fact that our summers are almost exclusively rain-less.
We've had a really great stretch of sunshine though. Bring on the rain.

So far I have nothing planned or scheduled for my day. I thought about maybe taking Jade to the free movie at the theater but I don't really feel much like popcorn or watching a cartoon. So I think we will pass.

As soon as Jade is up and fed we'll head over to the gym. Where my big plan is to "work out" on the stationary bike while finishing the last few chapters of "Julie&Julia". Then I'll do some strength training in the back dungeon area of the gym that contains no fans so tends to feel like 110 degress. But, I workout there because there is lots of space and most of my workout requires lots of space. I'm starting to wonder if a gym membership really is the way to go.
Now that we own a good weight set and I've been taught how to do a large amount of workouts that don't require equipment...well, I could do all of this at home. However, the nice thing about the gym is the treadmill, stationary bikes and elliptical for when I want to do cardio and I don't feel like pushing a jogging stroller with a nearly 30 pound baby in it. :) I guess I should keep the gym membership, at least for a little while.

I'm getting excited about August. Aside from the fact it's one month closer to my birthday, I also get to see my sis Jo, and Dad and Mom! They are all coming out because Jo is going to school in Spokane and they thought it would be much more fun to fly to Seattle, hang out with me and then drive up to Spokane. Hurray for me!

Also, I get to help out at Sand in the City on August 21st. My MOPS group and church are sponsoring a booth. We will have a "Baby changing/nursing station" booth. Where mothers (and fathers) can stop and have a place to set their child to change diapers that is clean and nice, or a place to sit (can anyone say rocking chairs?) and relax and feed a hungry kid. If they so wish. We'll have water bottles and "park emergency kits" which are super cool. The park emergency kits have things like bandaids and hand sanitizer and handi wipes and neosporin, etc. At any rate, it's a way for us to help the communitee while also letting women know about our MOPS group, in case they are looking for a moms group to be apart of. So, I'm excited about that.

Also, in August, we are all going to go watch the Seahawks practice! We get to go the super cool stadium for a few hours and watch them workout and practice...and...I don't know...eat hot dogs while we watch or something. I'm not a huge football fan, but I"m one of those fans who if given the right mood and right ambieance I can really become a die hard. I've been apart of a fantasy football league for now three years and so I need to start getting my "football" on so I can get a good enough team together to kick the other teams butts. Going to the Seahawks practice should get me motivated and worked up to do just that.

Let's see, what else is in August? Well, those are the main events I guess. I'm off to get my daughter now...the gym is calling.

No comments: