Friday, July 10, 2009

Why Jade and I haven't been up to much lately

Jade and I have been spending a lot of time at home the last few days. Saturday JB and I noticed Jade's cheeks seemed abnormally flushed throughout the day and it also appeared her eyes were red and blood shot. We thought she was tired and over heated so didn't think much about it.

Sunday, the same thing. Monday and Tuesday...when it was rather cool out...I was surprised that she again seemed to be continually flushed, with bright red checks. I think I checked her temperature like five times! Finally, Wednesday I called my mom to ask her medical opinion (she isn't a doctor, but always seems to know what's wrong), I asked this while out shopping for a new themometer thinking mine must be broken. When I told her Jade's seemingly non-ecsistant symptoms I also noticed a rash on Jade's arms and legs, Mom said "Oh, it sounds like she has Fifth Disease".

I hadn't heard of Fifth's disease but was concerned enough to call the doctors office as soon as I hung up the phone with mom to get an appointment. Sure enough, Jade was diagnosed with Fifth Disease . Why do I even bother with a doctor when my mom is around? lol

At any rate, there really isn't much I can do now that Jade has this. There isn't a vaccine or antibiotic that you can give your child. It's really not that harmful to a healthy child/person and aside from slight discomfort (and often flu like symptoms) it isn't that bothersome of a sickness to have. However, it can be harmful...very harmful even...to pregnant women if they aren't already immune.

So, aside from trying to keep a "Fifth Disease" epidemic from spreading throughout Western Washington, Jade and I have been staying home to protect pregnant women and unborn babies all over.

Yesterday, Jade and I spent the day periodically watching "The Rescuers" eating popcorn and carrot sticks and munching on leftover Greek pizza. We also spent a good amount of time reading books, playing "princess castle" and browsing random things on the internet.



Needless to say it was a very relaxing day.

Today the sun is out (hurray!) and I'm hoping it warms up enough that Jade can play in her little kiddo pool while I lay out and read.Take care all!

5 comments:

Candycane said...

Hope she gets better soon, that last piccie is sooo cute!!

AmateurAuteur said...

aww, that sucks. poor jadey girl. :) love you guys!

Nic Ridley said...

Dear Jade:

Hope you get better soon!!
Love Grandpa and Grandma Mangione

Kristen said...

That last pic is just too cute. Been missing you guys! Sounds like you've been having fun though. :)

Jeanne said...

You and Jade are heroines! Thanks for looking out for the other folks, too.