Friday, July 31, 2009

The past few days

So, the past few days I have spent a lot of time inside. I have been so surprised with the heat wave we have been experiencing. I'm so very, very thankful for our little window A/C unit that my very smart husband bought for us as soon as we moved into this house two years ago. Thank you honey!

I've gotten to have a few people over this week to get out of the heat and into some fairly cool air. That has been fun, if I can have people over or see people every day I'm a happy camper:)

Today hasn't been so bad, in fact, in the shade it's even been kind of nice. I was finally willing to go outside and do a bit of weeding and watering of the few plants I have in the front yard. Poor things all look dead, guess I waited to long.

A memory maker that happened on Wednesday night (our hottest day) was I got to have my baby girl sleep in bed with us. She has never spent the night in our bed, not even when she was a tiny infant. But her room (upstairs doesn't have the a/c reach it) was so hot I felt awful having her sleep in it. She was so cute, kept trying to sleep sideways, her little head resting on my belly and her legs jabbing JB in the ribs. hee, hee. He didn't care to much for Jade's sideways sleeping but I'm glad I got to have a night with my little girl before she grows up and gets to big on me.

Each day I feel like Jade is becoming a little lady, she's getting taller and talking better and before I know it she'll be borrowing my high heels *sigh* Well, I guess she already does that...for dress up, but you know what I mean. Any way, needless to say last night Jade was very upset to find out she didn't get another night sleeping with "Daddy and Mommy's bed?" but after a few minutes of tears she was perfectly fine.

I'm looking forward to a game night tonight at a friends house. I made a strawberry/raspberry cream ice-cream pie...with a home made oreo crust. It was suppose to be all strawberries, but the strawberries at the store didn't look so good, so I bought raspberries instead, but then I mixed in some strawberry ice-cream topper along with the fresh strawberries so...yeah.

Not to many plans for this weekend yet, hoping it gets cooler maybe we can do the fair on Saturday!

No comments: