Monday, July 20, 2009

just talking

I'm mapping out a bike trail/ride this morning. It's so nice out and who knows how long our summer will last. I figure I should spend more time outdoors working out then indoors at the gym working out.

Life is going well for use for the most part. I've been feeling a lot better the past couple weeks. For those of you who don't know for a quite a few months there I was struggling with depression and other hormonal issues. It's been nice feeling like a human again:)

Not much is on the "to do" list of July. It has left me plenty of time to do whatever it is Jade and I feel up to doing each day.

This week will be my week of sewing. I'm meeting with a friend tomorrow to learn how to sew a skirt for me and then another friend on Thursday to learn how to sew a dress for Jade.
I love learning new things.

I'm reading the book "Julie&Julia" I decided to read it after seeing the movie trailers for the movie version of it. While I can't really recommend that book to others to read on language and moral content, it is inspiring me to want to try to cook foods I'd other wise never even consider attempting to make. We'll see if I actually try.

I do like to cook, sometimes I really wish I had gone to culinary school and become a chef. Unfortunately, my likes and dislikes change so rapidly I'm sure I'd have never made it through culinary school if I had gone.

Well, there is laundry to do, a child to feed and myself to get dressed. Have a lovely Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Amy K said...

A bike ride sounds lovely. I'm glad you're feeling better, too.

I read Julie and Julia earlier this year and I know what you mean about the language. It was a really easy read though and I enjoyed it. I just wish she didn't have the Sailor Mouth.