Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Misty rain

Driving home today I saw a young teen couple walking home from school, hand in hand and chatting with adorable smiles on their faces. It's raining out, the kind of misty rain that leaves tiny droplets on your lashes and spreads a sheet of dewy mist over your clothes and hair. It's wonderfully romantic and so very soothing. Makes me wish for a hand in hand walk with my husband and then a big, cushy blanket to curl up in once home.

Jade fell asleep on the drive after first telling me that "it's okay it's raining mommy, it's not bad". She fell asleep with her eye lids half shut and her thumb half way in her mouth.

The house is quiet now and I feel like the misty rain has created a wonderful still all around my home. I'll probably take a little nap myself, or go searching for that cushy blanket to curl up in with a good book.

Anyway, living in Washington isn't so bad. Sometimes rain can be really beautiful.

No comments: