Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year and New Year Resolutions starting!

So I just purchased "Living Beyond Yourself" Beth Moore Bible Study, about the fruits of the spirit, for my bible study group. We meet every Wednesday morning at my house. I'm excited about starting a new study and excited about getting back together with my Bible study girls. We have been on a three week break and I'm feeling it!

Jade joined the YMCA on the 2nd where immediately afterward both Jade and I went in the activity pool, swimming our hearts out! I love the water, Jade loves the water. I'm SO excited about her membership!! After only 10min with me holding on to her (while wearing a little life vest) she insisted I "let go mommy" so she could swim on her own. And swim on her own she did. I'm really looking forward to working more with her over the next couple months getting her more comfortable with swimming. It's a great way to exercise and have fun! Plus, in this gloomy, rainy state, there really aren't great places...at all...to take your kid swimming, so this now gives us a place to go!

I also put together a little "craft caddy" last night with the few markers and crayons and coloring books we own. I set it out in a easy place for Jade to grab and color with. I really want to start encouraging her creative skills and eventually use coloring time as part of the preschool program, I plan on starting her on this Fall.

Using markers is a first for her. Last night she had me open each color one at a time, so she could try them all out. So far she is keeping the markers on her paper and not on her clothes or surrounding areas. She is a bit of a neat nick to some extent so I can't really see her going crazy, even unsupervised. She likes things to be in their place.



This morning I am off to go meet my walking partner. For months now we have been meeting every Monday and Thursday morning to do stretching and walking for an hour. She pushes a stroller with her twin babies and I push a jogging stroller with Jade. We both really enjoy our walking time together and I hope we can keep it up even after I have baby Cutter. I guess Jade will just have to learn to walk next to us, since I don't have a double stroller and honestly don't really want one.

I started my third trimester this month! I go see the midwives today for my normal check-up. I get to start having check-ups every two weeks and then every week. Hard to believe I'm finally on the home stretch of this pregnancy. Sometimes I feel like it's taking FOREVER and then other days I can't believe I'm already nearing the end. Helps to stay busy, that's for sure.

My In-laws come out to visit us next week. They arrive on Saturday and will stay a week with us! While here I plan on throwing Jade a big birthday bash for her 3rd birthday. Princess is the theme and everyone is required to dress in their Sunday best. Being the party is happening on a Sunday, that shouldn't be to hard;) This will be Jade's first official birthday party, so I'm hoping it will be very fun for her.

And that's all for my New Years update!

1 comment:

GJ and Vicka said...

Good update! Jade is so cute and looking smart:)