Monday, January 25, 2010

A new kind of Monday

Normally Mondays consist of laundry, cleaning, walking and more laundry. I don't usually try to do anything fun or exciting with Jade and often it turns into a big cartoon day, so I can focus on house chores:) But this morning I was up earlier then normal and thus started my chores earlier then normal. And that's when I realized I had a whole extra hour free to do something with Jade.

So, before we headed off to meet Amber and the twins for our Monday walk, I decided to let Jade paint her bird feeder that she got as a gift from a friend. Here she is after the first coat.
here it is after the second. Jade and I had a blast painting it together, Jade is a very patient painter.
After walking, bookstore, lunch and some more laundry I asked Jade if she wanted to go outside and play with her tricycle and new bat and ball set (Daddy got her the bat and ball for her birthday). Considering the weather was nice I figured we might as well take advantage.
off she goes to chase the ball!
Then while I made up the beds and washed windows and window sills, Jade played in the backyard throwing her ball around and playing on her mini kid slide. Every time she saw me at a window she'd wave and say "Bye Mom, I'm going off to school now!" and would pretend to ride away on a school bus. hee, hee

It's now a little after 2pm and laundry and ironing are almost done for the week, beds are made up with clean sheets, windows are see through again and Jade is pretty tuckered out. She is napping and I'm taking an "email" break. The sun seems to be hiding under a fresh batch of clouds, but boy was it nice to see it for a few hours today.

1 comment:

AmateurAuteur said...

Penny! and Jade is adorable!