Friday, May 04, 2007

Forget-me-nots

Last year, at a wedding, we were given tiny packets of "Forget-me-not" seeds as a gift. At the time I was really excited about them, cause I really wanted to do some fun things with my garden...without spending any money. However, I was totally clueless as where or how to plant my tiny seeds.
So, I simply dumped a ton of the tiny seeds in my little planter buckets on our porch. And with that, I promptly forgot about them.
This morning, I was looking out my window and low and behold, I realized the entire flower pot was jammed full of forget-me-nots! I was so shocked and pleasently surprised by this. So, I had to post and show everyone the delicate little flowers that have the most thick and beautiful green petals.

I read somewhere that the "Forget-me-not" is the Alaska state flower. Historcally (I also read) it was believed to be picked by Knights and given to their lovers to wear as a sign of faithfulness and enduring love, assurring the Knights they would not be forgotten. *insert...aw...here*

At any rate, I think its cool I have Forget-me-nots on my front porch and perhaps one day JB (my Knight) will pick one and give it to me before he leaves on a trip some where. And I will proudly where it in my hair...to show him how much I love him. LOL:)

3 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

What a sweet post!

Kristen said...

That was sweet! (I wonder what I did with our packet of fmn...)

Missi said...

Kris, I think you guys gave your packets to me:)