Thursday, May 24, 2007

Whats new with us and Jade

Jade has gotten in the habit of twisting her tiny body in all sorts of funny ways. This is her favorite way to twist herself, in an attempt to turn over I guess. Yesterday she was twisting so much it tired her out and she fell asleep. Gotta love the half sock, with her little heel sticking out.
Here is Jade trying to sit up like a big, strong girl. She sat up and turned to me like "See, I can sit up with Daddy holding me"
One second later she was starting to fall over a bit...
And with a mighty effort she tried to right herself up.

In our family news, we have started the wonderful mission of looking to buy our very first home. Right now we live in a charming little apartment/duplex that we do like, but it is just starting to get a little small. We started our house hunting search with a mindset of "we'll just see if we find anything great". To our amazment we have actually found quite a few homes, that aren't that bad that we'd could actually consider.
Tonight we went to relook at one, we returned home not sure what we thought and even wondered if it would be wise of us to stop looking for a few weeks and see what else comes on the market. When we arrived home, however, we had a message from our Landlord, they are putting the duplex up for sell and wanted to give us a heads up. Jonathan looked at me and smiled, he said it looks like the Lord is telling us to keep looking till we find the next best place.
Any prayers for our house hunting adventures would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

We are praying and will continue to!

SES said...

I looked at a few houses a while ago and got completely overwhelmed at the whole idea of home ownership (of course, it didn't help that I was looking at fixer-uppers =). It may take a similar message from my landlord to get me to reconsider! Good luck though, I'll pray for you guys.

Kate said...

Hi, Missi. :-) You may not remember me from PHC, but I was in the same class as your brother Chris and took classes with your brother-in-law as well.

You've been tagged! See beyeglad.blogspot.com for details. Thanks for the fun blog...I've enjoyed reading it. :-)