Monday, June 04, 2007

My last night ~ From Jade

Last night I was on the floor playing with Dad. He was watching football and explaining to me all the cool plays. I love watching TV with Dad, granted I normally just watch him...but still, it's fun.
While Dad and I were talking Mom came in the living room with her camera. She always has her camera. I turn around and there she is talking to me like a dog saying things like "roll over, roll over Jade" or "smile Jade, smile for the camera". This time it was "crawl Jade, come on you can do it!" I was thinking "come on, Mom. I'm having a nice time with Daddy right now."
But she wouldn't leave, so I gave her my famous chipmunk face. She likes this face the most, so I figured that would do. But oh no...she wanted me to crawl. So, I huffed and I puffed and I...
Almost did it! My head is SO heavy though. I can get my knees and arms, but that head of mine...it's tough. Now I'm so emberressed cause everyone can see how I only almost made it up to crawl.
Mom says I shouldn't be sad, but that I should still keep trying and one day soon I'll be strong enough to hold my head up when I get on my hands and knees. Until then I guess it means second helpings on dinner...I need to build up my strength after all.


2 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

Oh, I can't believe she is trying to crawl already! She is so super cute in these pictures - I just want to kiss her!

Kelly Sauer said...

Vanessa Ridley: Stretch Lipstrong--the kiss that spanned a continent!

;-)

Very cute! Pete and I were just talking this morning about baby stages, how old they are when they start doing various things. How old is Jade now?