Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Patting myself on the back

In MOPS today we had a speaker who talked about being "guilt free moms" and who encouraged us (among many other helpful topics) to not always put ourselves down and to stop focusing on what seems to be our Mothering failures.

So, in honor of that topic, I figured I'd do a "pat myself on the back post" since I feel like I'm having a bit of a SuperMom moment.

So today, with my 3mon old little guy that I Nanny for and my little 2 year old daughter, I've been able to get dressed (with makeup) feed kid(s) breakfast, clean up after breakfast, get everyone to MOPS on time, run errands at the grocery store, come home, feed everyone lunch, sit and watch 20min of a show on tv. Email people, skype my Parents and my sister. Feed baby, read and play with Jade...and now I have them both down for a nap AT THE SAME TIME, and I'm about to go iron my husbands shirts. And...to top it all off, I don't feel tired or stressed! Perhaps it's a bit of the floridex and Emergen-C that I'm taking that's giving me the extra energy, but whatever it is...I'm feeling good and feeling happy.

Mostly I'm just excited that both the kiddos are sleeping and I have time to iron shirts and maybe even get some dinner prep done...and maybe...I'll get to finish watching my show on tv! Do I live the charmed life or what? hee, hee

The speaker lady was right too, after you praise yourself for awhile, you do start feeling better. hee, hee. So, to all those Moms out there who may be having a "I'm a failure" moment, type up a blog post on how amazing you are...even if it's just the amazing fact that you were able to get out of bed today. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol! I'm glad you feel better!
Li

Kristen said...

You truly are supermom, Missi@