Friday, January 09, 2009

Shopping with Jade

Shopping with Jade is so much fun, it's always been an entertaining experience but ever since she started talking more, she always has me in stitches. Or at least keeps me amused.

I've taught her a few fun phrases that she now says over and over, one of which is putting the word "pretty" in front of a sentence or another word. So shopping today in Target went something like this.

Mom: Okay, we have to hurray!

Jade: Momma, ook, pretty dress!

Mom: Yes, that is a pretty dress

Jade: I touch?

Mom: No, not right now

Jade: Oh, pretty shoes!

Mom: Yes, they are

Jade: I a, boots, off, pretty shoes!

Mom: No, Jade you have to keep your boots on, we aren't trying on shoes

Jade: Pretty toys!

Mom: ~Keeps walking~

Jade: I walk? I help?

Mom: You want to help push the cart?

Jade: Ah, huh

Mom: Okay, but be careful

Jade: PRETTY wheels!!....

....You get the idea:) lol! We did end up trying on shoes and clothes, no dresses, but in the dressing room she gave her opinion saying "pretty momma" when I tried on a new, soft sweater. Or when I made a funny face in the mirror thinking the top I tried on was hideous she'd say "funny Momma". lol

If you are ever bored, call me up and we'll take Jade shopping together. She is becoming quite the convesationalist.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What a goofball!

Cristy said...

How cute! I feel like i don't really get to converse with Caitlyn much thanks to her over-talking big bro. I charish the times when Keith's entertaining him so I can spend time with her. I think girls are much better shopping partners than boys anyway.