Friday, January 16, 2009

Prayers

I had my ultrasound today. And what I most feared was told to me. They couldn't find anything and I was told that I had a miscarriage. There is a super, super slight chance that they missed something or I'm not far enough along for them to see anything. But I thought I was having a miscarriage last Sunday, so I'm sure they are right.

I'm bummed, I was really hoping everything was okay and that I was still happily pregnant.

I know God is in control and has a wonderful plan for our lives. During the ultrasound all I kept thinking of over and over (and this was before they told me anything) was
"count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. And let Patience have it's perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
James 1:2-4

Right now I do feel like I am lacking, and life does seem pretty gray. But I also know that God will get us through this small family trial and our lives will be richer for it if we trust Him and praise His name.

12 comments:

Dee Dee said...

Missi,
I'm so sorry. I have walked where you are walking and I know it truly hurts. I am praying for you.
Love,
Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

Missi, your family is in our prayers. May you keenly feel the Lord's comfort and peace.
Kerin B.

Michelle said...

Missi,
God is holding you in His hands right now, even though it does look bleak. It does hurt and will hurt for a while but God will never leave you. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Michelle

The Richmond Four said...

Missi, may God give you much comfort, insight and joy while you go through this time. We have a couple babies of our own we get to meet when we get to heaven. Adds another perspective to the joy we'll experience when we get there!

Sarah: said...

I am so sorry to hear that Missi. I am definately praying for you!
-Sarah

AmateurAuteur said...

I'm so sorry Missi. I'm praying for you. Wish I could be there to give you a hug. I love you.

Sarah M. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
allie nelson said...

i'm praying for you and your family.

Kristen said...

Big hugs, sweetie.

Jeanne said...

Missi Dear. I'm so very sorry. I know your mama's not here, so if you need a mama-hug, you call me, okay? Your friends here have said so many wonderful, comforting things and true. Our Jesus is walking thru this valley with you and you are loved.

Juliana said...

Missi,

So sorry to hear about your news. You and J are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that God is able to care for and comfort you through any trial.

Love, Juliana

Amy K said...

Missi, I'm sorry and I pray that you are encouraged in the coming weeks and filled with God's peace. Cuddle on that cute little Jade when you feel down. What a beautiful little girl she is!